Research Coordinator - Full Time
The Research Coordinator works closely with agency outreach and university research teams. Working in the RAIN office as part of the RAIN staff, this position recruits, screens for eligibility, enrolls, retains, manages and provides primary follow-up with participants in various studies. As part of the outreach team, the Research Coordinator assists in providing services for people living with HIV/AIDS and people at risk for HIV.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, recruit and screen for eligibility and enroll consenting individuals into various research studies
- Manage participants in the research studies, ensuring individuals meet each study requirement throughout the appropriate time frame
- Monitor participants, gather timely participant surveys and other required information
- Produce timely and precise required reports, maintaining close communication with research teams and meeting with teams as requested
- Maintain close communication with participants before, during and after program enlistment, ensuring understanding of research apps, program requirements and research program adherence
- Assist the agency outreach team in providing services for people living with HIV/AIDS and people at risk for HIV
- Meet all programmatic and third party deadlines; providing all reports, daily work records, time sheets and monthly outcome data reports on or before due dates to appropriate staff person
- Manage study budgets and participant incentives
- Work with Quality and Data Manager to ensure outcomes and goals are met and required data is gathered and documented
MINOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in training, supervision, agency meetings and required agency functions
- Working knowledge of and adherence to HIPAA regulations, attending all required training and maintaining confidentiality of client's records, personal situations and information
- Oversee safekeeping of gathered research and client information as directed by HIPAA, RAIN and the research teams
- Bachelor's degree in Health Education, Public Health, Educational Psychology, social sciences or related field strongly preferred
- Experience in health or behavioral related research preferred
- Strong organizational skills with an ability and desire to pay close attention to detail
- Experience and comfort with technology and social media platforms
- Experience in using a computer with proficiency in Word, Excel with an aptitude and willingness to learn other job specific programs
- Knowledge of and expected willingness to remain current on HIV/AIDS and related medical and cultural issues
- Knowledge of and expected willingness to remain current on LGBTQ+ cultural issues
- Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution and problem solving skills are a must
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a comfort in approaching and beginning conversations with new individuals
- Ability to comfortably navigate cooperative working relationships across the agency spectrum; including but not limited to clients and their families, staff colleagues, volunteers, third party providers, donors and members of the Board of Directors
- Valid driver's license, dependable transportation and vehicle insurance
- Working knowledge of HIPAA regulations, understanding of confidentiality and expected willingness to maintain these standards at all times
- Ability to identify and utilize appropriate community resources
- Ability to demonstrate cultural competency and understanding of the structural barriers impacting health outcomes
- Ability to recognize and maintain personal and professional boundaries as well as practice regular self-care
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this job classification. They are not to be construed as an all-inclusive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities of people so assigned.
RAIN's policy is to provide equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""