The position of Patient Advocate is looking to be filled with Dudley's Place (Rosedale Health and Wellness). The position is a STRONGLY based customer service role. The hired individuals will work with all clients that need assistance to access medical care/specifically for HIV treatment. Strong knowledge of Microsoft system and computer literate is a MUST. Strong communication and problem solving skill set is important to success in these roles. Self starter that can follow process and direction, yet finish tasks independently. Medical and administration knowledge is a plus. Advocates will also assist with events, community engagement and prevention education.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Patient Advocate is responsible for providing support and referral services at Dudley's Place and Rosedale Health + Wellness and identifying and assisting HIV+ persons needing to ensure medical adherence. This position promotes the independence, stability, and health of people living with HIV/AIDS by advocating for Ryan White clients.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Provide high quality support and referrals for clients by assisting them to access program benefits, medical services, mental health services, nutrition services, eye and dental care, medication under Ryan White Part B/HMAP and/or patient assistance programs, community-based organizations, and other resources and services to improve health outcomes and housing stability.
· Complete client reviews that identify specific barriers and assist the client in successfully overcoming barriers to
HIV prevention, care, and treatment. This includes enrolling and renewing clients in Ryan White Part A and Ryan White Part B/HMAP by confirming ongoing eligibility for program.
· Function as the central and primary access point for financial assistance programs, including but not limited to, Ryan White Part A, Ryan White Part B/HMAP, HOPWA short-term rental, mortgage, and utility assistance, and any other assistance programs as appropriate. The Advocate will complete and submit paperwork as needed to support clients in maintaining enrollment in these assistance programs.
· Provide pharmaceutical assistance for clients ensuring medications at free or reduced pricing.
· Assist clients with linkage to resources such as housing, nutrition services, transportation services, and sources of social support that help increase the client’s ability to remain independent in the community.
· Respond to client, provider, and other stakeholder correspondence within one business day.
· Maintain accurate client records and paper files for auditing purposes.
· Maintain eligibility documentation in CAREWare and Athena electronic health record (EHR). All documentation will be recorded and complete within two business days of provided service to ensure accuracy of data and reports to Rosedale Health + Wellness, Dudley’s Place, and the Board of Directors, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
· Provide referrals for dental and vision services for Ryan White clients.
· Schedule transportation to and from medical appointments and community support services via Ryan White Van or Lyft Concierge.
· Achieve productivity standards maintained by Dudley's Place and Rosedale Health + Wellness.
· Represent Dudley's Place and Rosedale Health + Wellness within the community, engaging other service providers, and providing education about special needs associated with a client living with HIV/AIDS.
· Work collaboratively as a member of the multidisciplinary team.
· Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills. Ensure that action items and updates are provided to the Director of Client Services proactively. Capture ongoing feedback from clients, staff, and community partners and communicate the information to the appropriate people.
· Demonstrate continuous growth and development of Cultural Humility exhibiting an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
· Attend trainings, as assigned, to improve skills related to best practices, written and verbal skills, putting theory into practice, and accurate documentation across multiple systems. · Prepare for and attend individual supervision per supervisor’s schedule.
Bring client concerns, process questions, and other needs to scheduled supervisions. · Submit monthly performance reports to the Director of Client Services by the 5th of the following month.
· Conduct all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service while demonstrating unconditional positive regard to clients.
· Other duties as assigned related to this position by the Director of Client Services.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Dale Pierce, Executive Director at DPierce@dudleysplace.org
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Customer Service