Development Coordinator - Part Time
The Development Coordinator reports directly to the Vice President of Philanthropy and will provide key administrative support to the vice president and general support to the development team. This position will manage and implement RAIN's social media footprint along with marketing the agency and signature events. This position also includes some nights and weekend work.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be the first point of contact for all external and internal development inquiries including email, mail, website, and phone calls
- Provide a high standard of customer support to RAIN's donors, sponsors, vendors and community partners
- Assist the Vice President of Philanthropy with the event planning, logistics, and day of support for AIDS WALK Charlotte and Gay Bingo Charlotte
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President of Philanthropy such as vendor and donor call backs, scheduling and others duties as assigned
- Process and acknowledge all donations made to the organization in a timely manner, with support from the Office Manager
- Support the Development Manager in maintaining and updating donor, volunteer and corporate information in Raiser's Edge (RAIN's donor database)
- Support the development department in donor campaigns and solicitations
- Serve as a liaison and provide key support to external community and third party events, including tabling at RAIN and community events
- Assist the development department and AIDS WALK Charlotte and Gay Bingo Charlotte
SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING
- Manage and implement RAIN's social media strategy on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Work closely with the development team to prepare and send accurate and engaging donor communications i.e. e-newsletters, campaign material, web content, social media messaging, etc.
- Provide support with marketing and communications for RAIN's three signature events (AIDS WALK Charlotte, World AIDS Day Luncheon and Gay Bingo Charlotte)
- Maintain a strong online presence while working on expanding our social media footprint
- Recruit and manage the development department's volunteer program and maintain all volunteer contact information in Raiser's Edge
- Provide key support with volunteer recruitment and management for RAIN's events
MINOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Possess and communicate a passion for RAIN's mission and work effectively with others
- Prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands, strong follow-up and follow-through skills to ensure completion of objectives in a timely manner
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision with skills in creative thinking, conflict resolution and problem solving
- Professionally navigate positive working relationships across the agency, including but not limited to clients and their families, staff colleagues, volunteers, third party providers, donors and members of the Board of Directors
- Be creative in use of resources
- Working knowledge of and adherence to HIPAA regulations, attend all required trainings and maintain confidentiality of client's records, situations and information
- Competence in Microsoft Office software especially Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and knowledge of Hootsuite and other social media platforms
- Participate in continuous quality improvement for the department and the agency
- Meet all programmatic deadlines
- Participate in events, training, conferences, supervision, agency and required meetings and agency functions
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Well-organized, disciplined professional with good project management skills
- Displays an understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Must have a valid driver's license, reliable transportation and auto insurance coverage
- Willingness to remain current on HIV and other STI's and related medical and cultural issues
- Knowledge of and expected willingness to remain current on LGBTQ+ cultural issues
- Passing score on HIPAA regulations training, understanding of confidentiality and expected willingness to maintain these standards at all times
- Ability to recognize and maintain personal and professional boundaries and practice regular self-care
No calls, emails, or visits please. For immediate consideration, please formally apply online and provide a resume and cover letter.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this job classification. They are not to be constructed as an all-inclusive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities of people so assigned.
The Agency's policy is to provide equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""