Bilingual PT Mental Health Therapist - Part Time
The Bilingual Mental Health Therapist provides outpatient therapeutic services to individuals living with HIV/AIDS, on PrEP and/or their families and friends needing care in accordance with ethical licensure guidelines. Provide assessment, coordination of services, monitoring services, treatment plan development, and assistance in access to services including medical services will be expected. Providing education and advocacy within the agency and community will also be critical components of this position.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The therapist will work under the supervision and administrative guidance of the VP of Operations while carrying out the following responsibilities:
- Conduct regular therapeutic sessions with clients seeking mental health services who are referred from both inside and outside the agency
- Build trusting, effective and empowering relationships with clients
- Continually assess client situations and provide the proper ongoing interventions and treatments
- Educate and involve family members or other loved ones in the treatment process when necessary, following all HIPAA and ethical guidelines
- Record and maintain adequate and up to date case notes about client visits and contacts
- When required, refer clients to outside sources or agencies that can better address their specific needs
- Maintain working knowledge of and adherence to HIPAA regulations, attend all required trainings and maintain confidentiality of client's records, situations and information
- Maintain all required licensure and the appropriate insurance
- Maintain understanding of and adherence to all licensure ethical guidelines
- Maintain all core components of Ryan White Mental Health: referral, intake, assessment, treatment plan development, resource development, coordination of services, monitoring, documentation, records and discharge; collecting eligibility documents and necessary paperwork for all clients maintaining audit ready files
- Work effectively with the RAIN staff and other community service providers to ensure optimal quality of services offered to clients and to develop new resources to meet the needs of the client; maintaining the highest level of professionalism and cooperation at all times with other service providers
- Meet all programmatic and third part deadlines; providing all billing records, reports, daily and monthly work records, time sheets, surveys and requests when due
- Provide education and information on HIV, prevention, safer-sex techniques and ongoing education to clients and their families as well as other organizations, families and individuals as requested
MINOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in trainings, supervision, agency and inter-disciplinary meetings and required agency functions
- Attend a minimum of two HIV related trainings for continuing education annually
- Provide crisis intervention as needed
- Participate in continuous quality improvement for the department and the agency
- Participate in the Development Plan for Outpatient Mental Health Program
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling/Mental Health, Marriage and Family Therapy or related field and a current license in the field of study
- Two years clinical experience preferably in HIV services
- Proficiency in Spanish required
- Working knowledge and expected willingness to remain current on HIV and related medical and cultural issues
- Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution and problem solving skills are a must
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with skill and willingness to train others
- Ability to comfortably and professionally navigate working relationships across the agency spectrum; including but not limited to clients and their families, staff colleagues, volunteers, third party providers, donors and members of the Board of Directors
- Knowledge of and expected willingness to remain current on LGBTQ+ cultural issues
- Valid driver's license, dependable transportation and vehicle insurance
- Comfort in generally using a computer with proficiency in Word and Excel and aptitude and willingness to learn other job specific programs
- Passing score on HIPAA regulations training, understanding of confidentiality and expected willingness to maintain these standards at all times
- Ability to identify and utilize appropriate community resources
- Ability to demonstrate cultural competency and understanding of the structural barriers impacting health outcomes
- Ability to recognize and maintain personal and professional boundaries as well as practice regular self-care
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this job classification. They are not to be construed as an all-inclusive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities of people so assigned.
RAIN's policy is to provide equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""